Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2 Things...

Christ came to fulfill the demands of the law on my behalf...on your behalf.
because. we. could. not. stand. under. the weight. of. the.   l.a.w.

The whole law boils down to 2 things.
Just follow these 2 things and you have it....
Just 2 little things...
How hard can that be, right?
LOVE GOD.
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

2 things.
that. is. it.

I can not fulfill that law. You can not fulfill that law.
THOSE TWO THINGS MADE JESUS GO TO THE CROSS.
I will be the first one to admit...I don't love God with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength
and
I do a pretty lousy job of loving others to boot.
Oh-I give it my best shot-I clean up pretty good.
But that isn't going to cut it.
And, since we are all human-it is my guess you are in the same boat as me.

It struck me last night when Beth talked about the blessing and the cursing that God brings on a person/nation etc for obedience or the lack of it....
That Christ died for 2 things that I couldn't do.
Obey the law.
And do it perfectly.
I can't do those 2 things.
You can't do those 2 things.
No one on this planet is capable of loving God to that degree and then loving a fellow human being...PERFECTLY.
AND. GOD. KNEW. YOU. COULDN'T.
SO. HE. SENT. JESUS. TO. DO. IT. FOR. YOU.
That is why Jesus is your RIGHT STANDING BEFORE GOD.
That is why Jesus is your SUBSTITUTE.
That is why there is NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE THAT ARE IN CHRIST JESUS.

I am redeemed. You are redeemed.
" Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-for it is written,-- 'CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE'-- in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. "
~Galations 3:13-14

GOD LOVES YOU SO MUCH THAT IT BROUGHT HIM JOY TO BRUISE JESUS TO MAKE YOU HIS BRIDE.
I'd Need a Savior- by Among the Thirsty (click to listen)



Homework:
Read Deuteronomy Chapter 27-30
Memory Verse Options:
2 Cor. 5:21
Romans 10:4
Galations 3:13
Deut. 30:14
Deut.30:6




This is an amazing sermon that sums up so much of what we have covered in Deuteronomy. If you haven't listened to any of Matt's sermons yet---GRAB THIS ONE! It will bless you!!!
Sons and Slaves by Matt Chandler- part 9 of the Galations series (click to listen or print off the transcript. For the previous 8 sermons-click the Galations label and the blogs containing the links will pop up.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm studying Galatians right now with my kids and we read that verse just today. Isn't it interesting how Deuteronomy 21:23 mentions the same curse as Gal. 3:13? I love how God ties the old and new testament scriptures together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to read my post! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to write some thoughts!
Blessings~Sheryl