Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Breathing Scripture

Sometimes life just happens and all you can do is breathe in...and out...and just focus on getting through. Praying at the end you are still treading water and able to breathe...in...and out.
So, if you have had this kind of week (and it is only Tuesday!)-LETS BREATHE IN SOME LIFE GIVING SCRIPTURE. It is the only way to keep breathing-to have the strength to tread water...and even more importantly...it is the life raft that will bring you to safety.
God's word...a breath of  life giving, mind altering, soul filling, joy giving, shadow chasing, LIVING AIR!!
I think it is easy when we read scripture to put someone who has offended us--to put someone with which we have regrets--into a scripture passage and I suppose that might be ok for a particular situation...but we somehow take things out of context and personalize things too much and miss the real gem that is waiting for us. In this passage...Really, THEY are not the ultimate battle. You have a greater adversary that is the spirit behind the person...that is where the battle lies. So when you read about "thine enemy"...it really is The Accuser himself. That is who you are fighting...and that is a much bigger battle. Pray and stay focused on getting out of the mire of regrets by breathing Scripture to slay the dragons...


" Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice; have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidest, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not they face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger; thou has been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. Teach me they way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies: Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies; for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living; Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the LORD." ~Psalm 27:7-14


" Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." ~Psalm 28:6-7


This morning-right now-lets just praise him with--YOUR song of thanksgiving for all that He has done and will do...and I know that HE is singing over you with His.


Wonderful, Merciful Savior- by Selah (click to listen)...I love this montage...Jesus was truly God and Man...what a WONDERFUL, MERCIFUL SAVIOR!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect reminder today! God Bless you for being used of Him to encourage and God Bless your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to read my post! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to write some thoughts!
Blessings~Sheryl