Saturday, April 19, 2014

Jesus, Firm Foundation


different perspective brings struggles...wrestling with my  inner man.
the man that  weakly wanders, fearfully waits, constantly disobeys....
wrestling my inner man brings a glorious new perspective...on the depravity of my heart.
(how about you? Seen the depths of your heart lately???)
and sometimes a new perspective brings ya right back where you started from...
square. one.
the. basics.
but...
with. new. eyes. to. see.
with. new. ears. to. hear.
with. a. new. heart. to. love.
with. new. hands. to. serve.
with. new. feet. to. share. the. Good. News.
with. a. stronger. voice. to. speak. truth.
with a joyful radiance that spreads
GRACE 
SWEET
UNDESERVED
UNMERITED
GRACE
I am studying
"The Explicit Gospel" by Matt Chandler
(...an incredible study!!!)
and it is back to the basics.
Funny how much stuff we pack on top of a really, really, really
simple
yet profound truth.

THE GOSPEL SAVES YOU.
"Our failure to realize the gravity of eternity reveals several issues at play in our lives. 
An underestimation
of the nature of sin.
An overestimation 
of our own abilities.
And a
drastic downplay of the extremity of God's Grace."
~Matt Chandler
excerpt from-The Explicit Gospel pp.33

How firm is my foundation?!

Really.
How firm is the foundation.
Is the foundation of your faith...
well,um...your faith?
Or is the foundation of your faith...
Christ alone.
What is the Gospel?
Is the Gospel the 'Jesus-plus something' program?
Is the Gospel enough to save you and keep you?

I think it is easy to think of accepting the Gospel as the starting point of the walk with Christ and then we advance on from there...
NOPE.
The Gospel is the point...THE WHOLE POINT. 
it is the beginning...the sustaining...the ending. If it is the 'Jesus-plus something" that saves me and that keeps me...than it is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
It is all about the Gospel.
It is all about Jesus.
The Gospel saves me.
The Gospel keeps me.
The Gospel sanctifies me.
THE GOSPEL IS FOR 
MY PAST
(before I knew Him...He knew me...and while I was yet in sin he had a plan through Jesus to rescue me) 
MY PRESENT
(God is conforming me to his image through my circumstances)
AND MY FUTURE.
(heaven)

JESUS MY FIRM FOUNDATION!
JESUS MY RESURRECTION!

(click to listen)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to read my post! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to write some thoughts!
Blessings~Sheryl