Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fear


do? you? trust? God?

do. you. believe. it?
Oh-we seek him alright...
Oh-we know he hears...
but one thing nags on us.
...it's the delivery part.
Is God strong enough to deliver us
from our fears.
Is He?!
We like our fears.
They keep us safe.
Our fears are our idols.

Just gonna throw out a thought to you all...
Sometimes I think what we fear as Christian women the most is
knowing that God is Sovereign.

The idea of a Sovereign God is scary.
Because if He is Sovereign.
Then I am not in control.
And not being in control.
creates fear.
I think we all struggle with Sovereignty.
If we had that topic figured out
...we wouldn't worry so much
now would we?
Face it-we know we aren't in control.
can't control our eating
can't control our spending
can't control our children or their choices
can't control our husbands
can't control our health
can't control our emotions
can't control our job
can't control friendships
can't control our drives
can't control our heart
can't control death
can't control our church
can't control our thoughts
can't control our tongues
can't control the world
...and we can't control God
and we live scared to death of truly living.
So we sit and
spin.
We freak out because we can't control our lives and we are terrified that somehow
God might not come through for us.
Laying awake at night in dread
and wasting our day in anxiety.
JOY vaporizes.
Idols do that, don't they?
You were never meant to control the path of your lives or the lives of others-for crying out loud!
that. is. God's. job.
You were never created to carry that kind of burden.
Jesus. carried. it. for. you.
You were meant to be under the control of the
Holy Spirit.
You were meant for so much more than wasting your life in fear.
FREEDOM FROM FEAR!!!!
There is beauty in trusting in a
SOVEREIGN GOD.
There is rest. sweet. release.JOY

OH TO SEE OUR GOD FOR WHO HE IS!!!
s.o.v.e.r.e.i.g.n.
>totally. in. control.
>totally aware of what it is going to take to deal with my stuff.
>totally able to deliver me from my trial 
or 
carry me through
 >totally ever present in every situation


Oh, for a heart to know The Sovereign.

 I don't have to let my fears dictate my identity.
Jesus died
to give me the faith
to believe
that He is strong
enough to hold me
no matter what comes my way.
So today-I run into his arms.
Unashamed and free to shed my fears
and a few tears...
and pick up faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to read my post! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to write some thoughts!
Blessings~Sheryl