Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Personal Letter About Fear

What if God wrote a personal letter to you concerning your fears? What would it say? Today in the "Stuck" study by Jennie Allen, I was challenged by that very thought. Here is the assignment straight from the page...

Imagine God wrote you a personal letter concerning your fear. How would He say your fear limits you? Does He see you? Is He taking care of you and those you love? Does He want you to have freedom from these thoughts and insecurities? Now-write that letter, incorporating the scriptures we have studied this week."

Scriptures that were focused on this week:
Matthew 6:25-34
2 Corinthians 10:5
Galations 1:10
Isaiah 55:8-9
Isaiah 2:2, 17-18, 22
I Peter 2:24
Psalm 23:1,4,6
and here is what my response was...

My Beloved Sheryl,
     Trust me. Trust in the provisions that I have made thru Christ. Let me settle your heart-turn your eyes on My Son and know what experiencing life--abundant life--really looks like. I have got your back -I always have...and I am holding you so close. Don't you feel me? Don't you see me? Can you hear me singing My song over you? The fear and unbelief are robbing you of the joy of your salvation in my Son. Your fears are washed away-just as completely as I have washed those crimson red sins off of your record. Your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life-never to be erased. Believe Me...Trust Me when I tell you that is all it takes. 
     I see you in your parenting and I am blessed by your light that shines...but,those 3 children are all mine. I knit them together in your womb--I gifted them with sharp minds and talents that they are learning to use for My glory. I purposed them for My pleasure. Now in faith--let them go-so I can bring them to new levels of trusting Me. Let them go so they can see Me so that they can know me fully. Honey, this is not going to be an easy road. This will be painful because they have lessons to learn that only I can teach them. Trust me completely because I know how to perfect them into my image.
     Spend your thought life fixed on me, Sweet one. I can tell you are weary of trying to plan, fix, prepare and polish everything-- from what you say-- to what you do...you are wearing yourself out...you were never meant to carry that burden...that is weight that you were never meant to bear...just to be accepted. Sheryl, you ARE accepted in the Beloved. You don't have to blend in-you don't have to stick out...all I ever wanted was for you to rest in My love for you. Let it all go-- empty your hands of those idols you fix your mind on so you can feel Me holding you. 
     Oh, how I long for you to just BE YOU...and for YOU to be with ME. I created you and gifted you in so many ways-Run, sweet child--RUN FREE-LIVE WELL-LOVE STRONG and NEVER be ashamed of the way I have created you. Those voices that condemn you are not from Me. Those are from a defeated enemy and they can not consume you if you are consumed with me.
     I have huge changes ahead for you and your family. You have a choice-to embrace the changes with joy or return to your spin cycle. Sheryl, take ALL of your thoughts captive so you see me at work. You are MY servant-you only have to please ME-I am the one who healed you and made you righteous.
     My greatest joy is having My Holy Spirit living inside of you. I love talking with you--hearing about your day--watching you take baby steps into My arms. I love watching you be My hands and feet to people who don't know Me yet. One day they will--because I am the one that is calling them--writing My Word on their hearts through the Spirit that is strong enough to save. That is my job. Your job is to be obedient to My word. Pray about it and then worship while you watch me work it all out.
     You are my simple, sweet, messy, imperfect vessel and I my heart sings over you because I delight to work in you. That is what I planned before time...Christ IN YOU. 
     You are Loved here on this big earth that I have placed you on... and I love you so much that I will spend eternity with you. Never doubt that. I am walking ahead of you. I need you to follow and to trust Me. I need you to need Me in the process. 
     One day I am going to call you home and your faith will be your sight. Until heaven is your reality, I want you to know that every time you pick up My Word-I am there speaking. Every time you see someone in need--You are seeing My heart. Every time you serve--I am your hands. Every time your heart breaks--I am The One mending. Every tear you cry--I am your Comforter. Every time you are afraid--I am your Defender. Every time you are confused--I will be your Wisdom. I am your everything.
     I. Love. You.
                   ~God

      Maybe he wrote that for you today, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to read my post! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to write some thoughts!
Blessings~Sheryl