Saturday, January 3, 2015

Trusting Without Borders

I've been thinking about what God is wanting from for me in 2015. 

then I read this blog post this morning...

TRUST WITHOUT BORDERS...

and I realized that (once again) ...it isn't about me... OH-imagine that?!
"It isn't that we have a TRUTH problem; it's that we have a TRUST problem. We don't really TRUST what we know to be TRUE." ~Arabah Joy


SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM, HERE?! 

anxiety that chokes...
fear that smothers...
pasts that don't let go...
and futures that look bleak.
depression that hangs on...
failure that keeps us down...
uncertainty that weights us down...
unhealthy life choices.
grief that overwhelms.
pain that stabs.
guilt that covers.
shame that hides us...
patterns of sin


truth.trust.

i can fill my head with all the truth...
i can stuff scriptures in my brain all day...
read all self-help articles...
chat with others about issues...
but it really boils down to one thing.

DO. I. TRUST. GOD. AT. HIS. WORD.
Do I really know it to be true in my life?
That God DOES really have things under control...
That my future is secure...
That He loves me enough that He won't let me go...
That my eternal security doesn't depend on my performance--but on Christ alone.
DO. I. TRUST. IT.
DOES. MY. LIFE. REFLECT. IT.

So-I dug out a bracelet that my kids made for me a LONG time ago...

and I'm taking the 40 day challenge. 
For the next 40 days I am going to learn how to TRUST WITHOUT BORDERS... And I am trusting that I will loose myself and find that Jesus will always be enough.

Feel free to click 
read the post
print off the scripture list
and see what God is doing!



2 comments:

  1. I'm sharing this on FB. You've encouraged my heart with your fresh faith! Thankyou sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for encouraging me! I shared it on my FB page and there are about 5 other ladies that are joining in, too. God IS mighty to save. I am looking forward to this challenge and posting on the blog about it! Thanks for the great jump start to 2015!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by to read my post! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to write some thoughts!
Blessings~Sheryl