Thursday, November 7, 2013

Beginnings

Isaiah 49:16 ~"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands."

abandoned? discouraged? alone? sin-sick?overwhelmed? not measuring up to the demands of life... or God's commands? Does. God. Really. Care. About. Me??..because if He did...fill in the blank. Each of us have a blank to fill in. Each of us--Believers and non-Believers alike all have the same stuff to deal with everyday.

what would it take to lay my heart out there and give it away with complete abandonment? TO TRUST. TO HEAL. TO SEE OURSELVES THE WAY GOD SEES US.

I. have. no. idea. what this blog is going to be about.(truly!)
I. have. no. idea. who you are at a heart level.
I. have. no. idea. where life has wounded you or  about the joys that surround you.
I. have. no. idea. when I will have time to write or you will take time to read.
I. have. no. idea. how this blog will change us all....and I can't wait!!!!!!

My prayer is that each of us come to know more fully who we are as a daughter of the One True King. That at HIS CROSS we can leave ourselves behind and run into the arms of a loving heavenly Father who delights to call us his own.

So,why? write? this? blog?
Because there is a permanent record in heaven that tells me I am His-forever. A mark of assurance. A mark of victory. A mark of death. A mark on the hands of God himself. A MARK OF GRACE-sweet, unending, undeserved GRACE. Free for me... but oh, so costly for the Savior.

I really like Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Devotional. He writes in an older style of English that makes you stop and think about what you just read. It's not fast food. It's a thought that is worth savoring-thinking-mediating on. It is NOT the kind of devotional that makes me "check-that-off-my-to-do-list" of spiritual duties. It creates relationship.

The day's verse is from Isaiah 49:16 and it focused on the fact that sometimes we feel that God has abandon us-forgotten us-or is punishing us for not meeting up to his expectations. (isn't that a problem!!) Here is a small portion of what Nov 7th am had to say and what sparked the vision for this blog. I have taken the liberty of replacing the 'thee' thou' stuff to make it just a tad easier to understand.

"How can I (GOD) have forgotten you, when I have graven you upon the palms of my hands? How can you doubt my constant remembrance, when the memorial is set upon my very flesh... 'I have graven YOU.' It does not say "Your name." The name is there, but that is not all;" I have graven YOU." See the fullness of this! I have graven YOUR PERSON,YOUR IMAGE, YOUR CASE,YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES,YOUR SINS,YOUR TEMPTATIONS,YOUR WEAKNESSES, YOUR WANTS, YOUR WORKS; I have graven YOU, everything about YOU, all that concerns YOU; I have put you altogether there." Now, Charles... that is good stuff...

And a perfect place to begin.







2 comments:

  1. so moving...so true....and to think, He has me engraved on the palms of His hands- the same place He took the nails for me! What a Saviour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to read my post! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to write some thoughts!
Blessings~Sheryl